The kids will be on break, and you’ll need somewhere to take them (and you) to have fun, and secretly keep their minds learning! Join us for a whole week filled with science, experiments, crafts, demos and activities- fun for the whole family. Each day will feature different activities, so come every day for something new!
PLUS, the DHDC will be open EXTENDED HOURS during spring break. Enjoy the Discovery Center from 9:30 am until 7:00 pm March 9th – March 16th.
Spring Break Spectacular 2019: Survival of the Fittest!
Monday 3/11 – The Jumanji Trials
- Can you create your own board game using recycled materials?
- Face your fears at DHDC’s live demonstrations featuring live animals including snakes and spiders!
- Create your own camouflage at our Face Painting Station.
- Check out our local animals and insects with Wildcat Bluff Nature Center from 10:00 am – Noon.
Tuesday 3/12 – Return of the Dinosaurs
- Make Exploding Volcanoes!
- Use common materials to make your own house that could withstand an earthquake.
- Become a paleontologist and dig for fossils!
- Make your own fossil/imprint to take home.
Wednesday 3/13 – Survival Techniques
- Learn valuable survival tips with the Cub Scouts.
- Build your own survival paracord keychain to take home.
- Learn how to create your own water filter.
- Test your construction skills at the Fort building station with blue blocks, blankets, pvc sticks, and other materials.
Thursday 3/14 – Pi Day
- How can Pi(e) Save your life? Test shapes to see which is the strongest!
- Don’t go hungry. The DHDC will be handing out FREE Pie starting at 1:59 (while supplies last).
- Eat or be eaten! Well not really, but you can put your name in the running for our children’s Pie-eating contest.
- Give, so that others can survive. Coffee Memorial Blood Center will be on site accepting blood donations from Noon – 3:00.
Friday 3/15 – The Zombie Apocalypse
- Make your own zombie ooze.
- Build your own zombie shooter.
- Defend yourself in the Nerf War Zombie Battle Zone.
- Blend in so you’re not given away at the Zombie make up station.
- Make a Zombie cure in our black light laboratory. Be careful it may or you may be infested!
All Spring Break activities are included in admission price. Adults are $14, Children (2-12) are $9, and Students (13-20), Military (with I.D.), and Seniors are $9. Babies 2 and under are free. DHDC Members are FREE.
Plus enjoy the Space Theater, with a different show playing every hour! All exhibits will be open, including our Spring traveling exhibit, Battle of the Titans.
This is NOT a camp or drop-off event. All children must be accompanied by an adult.