Student teams will test their engineering and design skills and expand their knowledge of math and physics as they create and construct a catapult to compete for eternal glory! Awards will be given for top teams in each age division, along with non-points awards for the Fiercest Fighter (best overall catapult design) and the Innovator’s Award (most creative or original catapult design.)
- No entry fee for competition.
- Maximum of 5 students per team. Limit of 10 team entries per campus.
- Students compete in four age divisions: Grades 5/6, 7/8, 9/10, and 11/12.
- Registration deadline is April 27, 2018, but will close early if event reaches capacity.
- Event entry includes exhibit hall admission to DHDC.
- Schools may reserve additional activities for their visit (Space Theater shows, hands-on science labs, etc.) at normal DHDC school rates. Education Partner Districts may reserve additional activities at no charge. Science Labs will be scheduled after conclusion of competition. Advance reservations are required for any additional activities, and those reservations must be received by April 27.
2018 DHDC Catapult Challenge Rules and Scoring Guidelines
TEAM REGISTRATION FORM