Discover the World Outside!
In 2021 DHDC welcomed Wildcat Bluff into the Discovery Center family! This has allowed us to increase programs, access, and exploration of hands-on and education-based learning and encourage our community and travelers to explore the outdoors!
Use your $30 WBNC membership add-on to enjoy:
- Over 5 miles of hiking trails
- 657 acres of the prairie ecosystem
- Butterfly gardens & family activities for all ages
- Unlimited visits to The Bluff for the year
- Invitations to events and functions
- Email updates on activities
- Member-only discounts
Expand your discovery experience when you add WBNC to your membership at DHDC! To purchase your add-on, please call 806-355-9547 or visit us during open hours.
What is Wildcat Bluff?!
Wildcat Bluff is 657 acres of wide-open Texas Panhandle. Formerly a section of the historic Frying Pan Ranch, we have 5 miles of trails, 5 acres of paved and accessible paths, a dig pit for learning about Panhandle prehistory, our Gilvin Science Education Building, a section of the historic Gregg-Marcy Santa Fe Trail and so much more.
- To educate and inspire students, teachers, and the public about the natural world through direct discovery and hands-on learning
- To promote a sense of personal responsibility for the environment
- To manage Wildcat Bluff’s acreage as a living museum and outdoor classroom through ecologically appropriate land management
Is the $30 cost pro-rated to align with the renewal of my annual DHDC membership?
As of right now, we do not have the option to pro-rate the add-on pricing. Once you pay for your add-on it will then renew again when your membership renews. Every dollar of your membership and add-on goes to increase science and nature education in the Panhandle, and we appreciate your support.
Does the add-on include special programs such as Toddler Tracks, Sunset and Songwriters, and Guided Hikes?
Yes! Your WBNC add-on covers any activities at The Bluff unless otherwise noted (special event pricing).