Now OPEN regular business hours. This means more time and more space for you and your family to safely make new discoveries!
Tuesday – Saturday 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
Sunday Noon – 4:30 pm
— UPDATED FACE MASK POLICY—
All guests must wear a face mask for the duration of their visit.
Individuals who are unable to wear a face mask due to a medical condition must wear a face shield (available for purchase).
Children under the age of 10 are exempt, but school-age children are encouraged to participate.
Purchase advanced online admission HERE.
Please note, any admission discounts (student, military, senior) must be purchased at the front desk upon arrival. Members, no need to pre-purchase! Daily admission is always FREE! Just check-in at the front desk when you arrive.
As of Thursday, November 19, face masks or shields are required inside DHDC for ALL guests, 10 and up, including those with a medical condition. We are confident that by working together and taking these safety measures, we can provide you a safe and fun environment to make new discoveries!
Masks are available for $1; Shields available for $2 upon arrival.
We will be regularly disinfecting our exhibits and some pieces will be limited for safety concerns. Our Space Theater is open with limited capacity and showtimes. We will also be doing Live science demonstrations and activities, check with the front desk for times.
Please note, in accordance with Governor Abbott’s reopening guidelines, we will be operating at reduced attendance levels. We will also be implementing:
- Staff safety requirements: masks required, daily health screenings.
- Visitor safety requirements: Masks or shields required, health screening upon entry. *Subject to change; dependent upon City guidelines
- We are only allowing groups of immediate family members only at this time.
- Credit cards are preferred.
- No outside food or drinks.
- Please keep 6 ft distance between your family and others while visiting.
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the museum.
*Due to the small interactives of several pieces, some exhibits will remain closed until further notice. A majority of our exhibits remain fully functional and open.